Nov 12, If you're creating a lengthy document in Pages on your Mac, inserting a table of contents is a helpful tool. Just like a book or manual, the table of.
Table of contents
- Create a Table of Contents With Pages
- Formatting the table of contents
- Your Answer
- Pages for Mac: Add a table of contents in a Pages document
- Format or customize a table of contents in Word for Mac
When you want to apply a style for the item to appear in the table of contents, select the very top arrow and select your style.
Is this a feature of the app that you find helpful? Let us know! And, for more tutorials on Pages, check out how to display the word count in your document or how you can use Pages as a teleprompter on your iOS device.
Create a Table of Contents With Pages
Is this possible on Pages? Skeleton Bow Skeleton Bow 2, 1 21 Sign up or log in Sign up using Google. Sign up using Facebook. Sign up using Email and Password. Post as a guest Name. Email Required, but never shown. Then I'm going to do something a little different with some of them. I've created this one here called More and then I've created two subparts to that.
- printable calendar template for mac os x;
- best ipad file manager for mac.
- star wars empire at war mac patch!
- Format or customize a table of contents in Word for Mac - Word for Mac.
- Pages for Mac: Add a table of contents in a Pages document!
- how to play cod black ops multiplayer mac.
- mac wireless keyboard silicone cover!
So I'm going to call those Heading 2. You can see that is a slightly smaller font. These are supposed to be subsections of the More part.
Formatting the table of contents
I've got three of them here. Now I'll continue down the document. Here it goes back to a regular Heading and I've got two Heading 2's and then finally a final Heading here.
- feeding frenzy 3 mac download.
- hdmi cable mac mini to tv.
- Add a table of contents?
- How to create a table of contents in Pages on Mac.
- Inserting the table of contents.
- laptop protective covers for mac.
- how to change mac name in finder.
- mac video converter pro keygen;
- Format a table of contents.
- office mac 2011 retina display;
So now that I've created these sections here, and I probably would have done this while I was writing, I'm ready to create a Table of Contents. Now keep in mind I can style these however I want. I've got Heading here but I can redefine Heading and change the style.
I can also create my own. I don't have to use Heading, Heading 2, and Heading 3.
I can create new styles of my own and use those in Table of Contents. But once I have them in these I'm going to create some blank space here at the top of the document for the Table of Contents. As a matter of fact I'm going to insert here a Page Break. So now I've got this part here starting on page 2 and on page 1 it is blank. I can put the cursor here at the beginning of page 1.
Pages for Mac: Add a table of contents in a Pages document
This is where I can insert the Table of Contents. So I'm going to select Insert and Table of Contents. I can select for the entire document, for this current section, or until the next Table of Contents. Most of the time you are going to want to create for the document. It is going to generate it and you can see all those headings that I put in there.
It puts them there and it gives me the page numbers on the right.
Format or customize a table of contents in Word for Mac
Now you don't mess with this. You don't edit these.
You edit what is down in the document itself. So, for instance, if I were to add an exclamation point here I could go up here and I see that the exclamation point has been added to that title there. So this is just picking up what is down below there. So now I can select it.